HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
For Provide First Aid HTLAID003 Course bookings please go to our new Website at: http://www.faa.edu.au/courses/melbourne-vic/first-aid
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
To book First Aid Course you can:
- Telephone Reception on 1300 659 557
- Email us email@example.com
- Visit us at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Book at our secure online booking site.
Methods of Payment
Accepted methods of payment include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bankcard, Cheque, Cash and EFT-POS.
Registration can only be confirmed when full payment is received. No refunds are available within 7 days of the workshop. A substitute participant is welcome to attend if you cannot. Hospitality Training Australia reserves the right to alter the program without notice.
First Aid Course Melbourne
Melbourne HLTAID003 Provide first aid course (previously known as 'Level 2 First Aid' and 'Senior First Aid') and skills you in how to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance.
Participants deemed competent in the course will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Length of Validity
Your certificate is valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months.
What to Bring
When attending a First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2), please bring the Pre course assessment work.
Competencies to be achieved during First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2):
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Assess an emergency situation
2. Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
3. Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
4. Manage a casualty with external bleeding
5. Manage a casualty suffering from shock
6. Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
7. Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
8. Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
9. Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries
10. Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature
11. Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
12. Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
13. Determine Principles for the Assessment and Movement of the Sick & Injured & First Aid Recording Requirements
14. Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider
15. Determine first aid facilities and training requirements
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
Facilities & Equipment:
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Bandages, Visual Aids, Handouts etc as appropriate.