First Aid Course
For First Aid Course booking please go to our new Website at: http://www.faa.edu.au/courses/melbourne-vic/first-aid
First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2)
To book First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2) you can:
- Telephone Reception on 1300 659 557
- Email us [email protected]
- Visit us at Level 4, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne
- Book at our secure online booking site
Methods of Payment
Accepted methods of payment include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bankcard, Cheque, Cash and EFT-POS.
Registration can only be confirmed when full payment is received. No refunds are available within 7 days of the workshop. A substitute participant is welcome to attend if you cannot. Hospitality Training Australia reserves the right to alter the program without notice.
HLTFA301B Apply first aid
This unit of competency HLTFA301B Apply first aid (Level 2 First Aid) describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This unit incorporates the content of units HLTCPR201A Perform CPR and HLTFA201A Provide basic emergency life support.
It is not a prerequisite to complete First Aid Theory however it is encouraged that all persons without prior experience in first aid complete the First Aid Theory session prior to participating in First Aid Practical.
The First Aid theory session provides essential information necessary to perform CPR, provide emergency life support and to apply first aid. If you have never completed a first aid certificate it is highly recommended that you complete the 4 hour Apply First Aid (Theory) course.
Nominal duration for this course is 14 hours. Participants elect to complete the First Aid Theory session of 4 hours but must complete the 8 hour face to face practical session.
Participants deemed competent in the course will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Length of Validity
Your certificate is valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months.
What to Bring
When attending a First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2), please bring – This workbook; Your First Aid manual; Writing paper/pens or pencils.
Competencies to be achieved during First Aid Course Melbourne (Level 2):
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Assess an emergency situation
2. Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty
3. Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures
4. Manage a casualty with external bleeding
5. Manage a casualty suffering from shock
6. Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock
7. Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries
8. Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning
9. Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries
10. Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature
11. Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions
12. Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures
13. Determine Principles for the Assessment and Movement of the Sick & Injured & First Aid Recording Requirements
14. Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider
15. Determine first aid facilities and training requirements
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
Facilities & Equipment:
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Bandages, Visual Aids, Handouts etc as appropriate.